Finally, Easter is here and we bring along the best ever mouth watering recipes for you.
so, get ready and raise a toast this Easter for your fabulous and yummy Easter celebration.
Here we go !!!
|10 MOST CHERISHED EASTER RECIPES|
1. Sweet Holiday Easter Baked Ham
· 1 cup maple syrup
· 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, halved
· · 1 (12 pound) fully-cooked, bone-in ham
· · 1 (15.25 ounce) can pineapple slices in juice, drained
· · 1 box round wooden toothpicks
· 1 cup orange juice
· 1 cup ginger ale
· 1/2 cup brown sugar
· 1/2 cup honey
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, mix together the maple syrup, orange juice, ginger ale, brown sugar and honey. Stir in the juice from the maraschino cherries, and half of the cherries. Score the outer edge of the ham with a sharp knife in a diamond pattern. Cuts should be about 1/4 inch deep. This will allow the ham to soak up the juice.
- Place the ham into an oven bag, and carefully pour the juice mixture over it, keeping all of the juice in the bag. It may look like there is too much juice, but the ham will soak it up while baking. Place the pineapples onto the top of the ham, and secure with toothpicks. Place cherries into
- the centers of the rings, and secure with toothpicks also. Tie the end of the bag closed with the ties provided, place in a large roasting pan, and cut a few small slits in the top of the oven bag.
- Bake the ham for 2 hours in the preheated oven. The internal temperature should be 160 degrees F (80 degrees C) when done. Be sure not to touch the bone when taking the temperature. Remove ham from bag to a serving plate, and let stand for 10 minutes before carving.
2. Special Easter Vegetarian Quiche
· 1 (17.5 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
· 1 cup fresh spinach, cleaned and stemmed
· 4 tablespoons water
· 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
· 1 onion, chopped
· 2 tablespoons butter
· 5 eggs
· 1 cup cottage cheese
· 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
· salt and pepper to taste
· 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spray a quiche dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Line the quiche dish with puff pastry, press the pastry firmly in place and trim away any excess pastry. Blind bake for 10 minutes.
- In a large skillet place spinach and 4 tablespoons water. Heat the mixture over medium and cover the skillet. Cook until the spinach is done, approximately 2 minutes then drain well. Add nutmeg to the spinach and puree the mixture.
- In a large skillet, saute the onion with butter or margarine to taste. Saute until the onions are soft and transparent.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, beat eggs. Stir in the cottage cheese, spinach, and 1/2 cup of cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange onions along the bottom of the pastry-lined quiche dish. Arrange the tomatoes over the onions. Pour the egg-mixture over the onions and tomatoes, and top entire concoction with the remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the quiche has set in the middle. Serve hot or cold, your choice!
3. Lemon Butter Easter Tarts
· 1/2 cup butter
· 2 teaspoons lemon zest
· 1/3 cup lemon juice
· 1 1/2 cups white sugar
· 3 eggs
· 2 egg yolks
· 12 (3 inch) tart shells, baked
· 3 egg whites
· 1/4 cup white sugar
1. Melt butter or margarine in a saucepan. Add rind, lemon juice, and 1 1/2 cups sugar. Beat eggs and egg yolks until thick, and add to lemon butter mixture. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until thick. Chill.
2. Beat 3 egg whites until stiff. Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar, and continue beating until stiff and glossy. Fill baked tart shells with lemon custard, and top with meringue.
3. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) just until tarts are a delicate brown color.
4. Stuffed Peppers My Way Easter
· 1 cup water
· 1/2 cup uncooked Arborio rice
· 2 green bell peppers, halved and seeded
· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· 2 green onions, thinly sliced
· 1 teaspoon dried basil
· 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 1 pinch ground black pepper
· 1 tomato, diced
· 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in the rice. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Place the peppers cut-side down on the prepared baking sheet. Roast 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until tender and skin starts to brown.
- While the peppers are roasting, heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the onions, basil, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper in oil for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the tomato, and cook for 5 minutes. Spoon in the cooked rice, and stir until heated through. Remove from heat, mix in the feta cheese, and spoon the mixture into the pepper halves.
- Return to the oven for 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
5. Easter Chicken Marsala
· 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
· 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
· 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
· 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
· 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· 1 tablespoon butter
· 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
· 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, garlic salt, pepper, and oregano. Dredge chicken in the mixture to lightly coat.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry the chicken in the skillet for 2 minutes, or until lightly browned on one side. Turn chicken over, and add mushrooms. Cook about 2 minutes, until other side of chicken is lightly browned. Stir mushrooms so that they cook evenly.
- Pour Marsala wine over the chicken. Cover skillet, and reduce heat to low; simmer for 10 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
6.Easter Bunny Cake
· 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
· 3 3/4 cups flaked coconut
· 1 (16 ounce) package vanilla frosting
· 30 small jellybeans
· 4 red licorice
- Heat oven and prepare two 9 inch round baking pans as directed on cake box. Prepare cake batter with as directed on package adding in 1/2 cup of coconut. Divide batter evenly between the prepared pans. Bake and cool cake as directed on package.
- When cooled, place one whole 9 inch cake layer on serving tray, forming the bunny's head. Cut 2 convex shaped ears from each side of the second layer, place on each side of head to form ears. Use concave shaped piece for the bowtie, place about 1/2 inch below head.
- Frost entire bunny covering top and sides of bunny. Pat remaining 3 1/4 cup coconut evenly over top and sides. Decorate the bunny face and bowtie with jellybeans and use the licorice to make whiskers.
7. Strawberry Easter Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
· 1/4 cup sugar
· 1/3 cup slivered almonds
· 1 bunch romaine, torn
· 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
· 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
CREAMY POPPY SEED DRESSING:
· 1/4 cup mayonnaise
· 2 tablespoons sugar
· 1 tablespoon Daisy Brand® Sour Cream
· 1 tablespoon milk
· 2-1/4 teaspoons cider vinegar
· 1-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- In a small heavy skillet over medium-low heat, cook and stir the sugar until melted and caramel in color, about 10 minutes. Stir in almonds until coated. Spread on foil to cool; break into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine, onion and strawberries. Combine the dressing ingredients; drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with coated almonds. Yield: 10 servings.
8.Easter Holiday Peas
· 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen peas
· 2 teaspoons salt
· 1 cup finely crushed wheat crackers
· 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
· 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Place peas in a large saucepan; add salt. Cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, toss the cracker crumbs, cheese and butter. Drain peas and place in a serving bowl; top with crumb mixture. Yield: 12 servings.
9.Best Deviled Easter Eggs
· 1/2 cup mayonnaise
· 2 tablespoons 2% milk
· 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
· 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
· 1/2 teaspoon minced chives
· 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 1/4 teaspoon paprika
· 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
· 1/8 teaspoon pepper
· 12 hard-cooked eggs
· Minced fresh parsley and additional paprika
- In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Slice eggs in half lengthwise; remove yolks and set whites aside. In another bowl, mash yolks; add to mayonnaise mixture, mixing well. Stuff or pipe filling into egg whites. Sprinkle with parsley and additional paprika. Refrigerate until serving.
10. Chicken Pesto with Pasta for Easter
· 1 package (16 ounces) cellentani or spiral pasta
· 2 cups cubed rotisserie chicken
· 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
· 1 container (7 ounces) prepared pesto
· 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- In a Dutch oven, cook pasta according to package directions; drain and return to pan. Stir in chicken, tomatoes and pesto; heat through. Sprinkle with pine nuts.
Note: To toast nuts, spread in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 5-10 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Or, spread in a dry nonstick skillet and heat over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.